Sizes and prices: 250ml aerosol - £16.70
Postage: £3.90 when shipped on its own
Product description: Nettex's Total Mite Kill Aerosol works in partnership with their Total Mite Kill Spray to provide a complete solution to red mites, lice and poultry mites in your coop.
- Kills red mites, lice and other crawling insects
- Contains Permethrin.
Directions: For effective removal of red mites, a weekly programme is advised as below:
- Remove all faeces, dry matter and bedding. Thoroughly clean out the coop with soap and water, use Nettex Virocur Disinfectant - DEFRA approved effective against diseases in poultry - for a deeper clean if necessary
- Spray the entire inside of the coop with Nettex Total Mite Kill Ready to Use Solution - this will disinfect as well as eradicate mites. Use the Total Mite Kill Aerosol in hard-to-reach areas, and where you need the extra power provided by the high-velocity spray. Always ventilate treated areas and allow them to dry fully (they dry very quickly) before sprinkling the interior of the coop with Buz Busters Louse Powder, working it into all the crannies
- If you have an infestation, then follow this routine every 3 days until they’ve been knocked back, then revert to using weekly to prevent their return.
- This spray is not intended to be used directly on the birds – it is for application to housing only.
Clare’s comment: This is an unrivalled weapon in the war against red mites and also lice and mites which live on your birds and may also proliferate in the coop. Combined with their Total Mite Kill RTU spray, it’s regular use will eradicate and prevent the return of red mites, while also helping with any lice which may be living on your birds.