Sizes and prices: 56g pouch. 1 pouch £8.27, 2 pouches £16.00 Includes a dosing syringe
Postage: £2.60 for up to 2 pouches (unless included with other products) select at checkout
Product description: Harrison’s Recovery Formula is a rich and easily assimilated source of nutrients for sick or injured chickens. It is easy to digest, so doesn’t create any further stress on the patient, and will aid recovery and weight gain.
Recovery Formula can be beneficial for:
- Animals needing an easily assimilated source of nutrients
- Ideal for poorly ex-batts
- After surgery or illness, when the bird has progressed to a point where oral, easily digested diets are necessary - especially good after crop surgery or gut issues.
- When lack of food has slowed gastro-intestinal/crop emptying time, or a bird is failing to thrive.
- For debilitated or injured chickens, syringe feed until they are self-feeding
Note that this was manufactured originally for the exotics market, and I have adjusted the dosage and instructions on it to suit chickens, so follow my instruction leaflet closely
Directions: Mix fresh; 1 part of dry formula to 1-3 parts (depending on feeding method) of drinking water heated to about 39°C (103°F) allow to cool to lukewarm before using.
If the bird is self-feeding, then make up 1:2 with water and give it in a tinfoil dish to encourage them to feed. If syringe feeding is necessary, then make up 1:3 and use the syringe provided to feed very carefully as per my video above . Please don’t attempt tube feeding as per the pouch – this is intended for vet professionals!
Aim to feed little and often, so roughly 2-3mls every couple of hours if the chook will tolerate this. Check that the crop is emptying.
It can also be mixed with Harrison’s Fauna Flora to enhance nutrient absorption.
Storage: After the sachet is opened, I recommend that it is kept in the fridge in a sealed container. Any un-used formula which has been made up s